ThinkHub Education supports in-room, hybrid, and remote learning. This article will walk you through some of the strategies we’ve found most effective for remote students participating in a ThinkHub Education Session.
These methods are designed for in-room instructors teaching primarily to students in-room, with a few remote students joining in as well.
For lessons taught by a remote instructor, see our ThinkHub Education Best Practices for Remote Instructors Guide.
VIEWING THE CANVAS
Remote Students can view the ThinkHub Canvas from their personal device, no matter where they are located (as long as they have internet access). In order for remote students to view the ThinkHub Canvas, they will need the following instructions:
- Download T1V App (www.t1v.com/App). For Android and iOS users, please visit your App Store and search ‘T1V App’.
- Open T1V App from your device.
- Enter the following Room ID : XXXX - XXXX [you’ll want to replace the X’s with the Room ID for your current ThinkHub Session here - it is the 8-letter code found beside the cloud symbol in the upper left corner of your ThinkHub Canvas]
- Enter the Passcode - XXXX [Replace the X’s with the passcode for your current ThinkHub Session]
- Select ‘View ThinkHub Canvas’
After following these instructions, remote students will be able to see ThinkHub Canvas in real time.
For audio, we recommend joining a video conference call. If you want students to be able to send content, make sure your T1V App permissions default is toggled ‘ON.’ If you want students to be able to only view content, toggle the permissions “OFF”.
REMOTE STUDENTS SHARING CONTENT TO THE CLASS
If a student has content you’d like for them to share with the entire class, they can share their screen to ThinkHub using T1V App. Since they are remote, they will need to connect using the Room ID. Once connected, they will have the same capabilities as you until the Session ends. To limit their T1V App capabilities, you can change students’ permissions from your ThinkHub Canvas.
- Tap the binoculars icon on the side panel located halfway up the right side of your ThinkHub Canvas. This will slide out into your T1V App Permissions Panel.
- From here, you can toggle T1V App control on or off for all users or for individual devices. When these controls are toggled off, the user will only have permission to View the ThinkHub Canvas through T1V App - they will not be able to create content or interact with the Canvas.