There are several ways to facilitate active learning with ThinkHub Education. Here are some of the strategies we’ve found most effective when students are working in small groups:
STEP 1: Students Connect to Student Station
Students can share their device screens to the nearest Student Station by following these basic T1V app instructions:
- Download T1V App (www.t1v.com/App) on the device you want to connect.
- Open T1V App from your device.
- In T1V app, enter the Room ID of the device you want to connect to. This ID is found in the upper left or right corner of your Student Station.
- If your Student Station has a passcode, you will be prompted to enter it.
- Select “Share My Screen.” This will let you choose which screen or window you want to share.
- In order for Multiple devices to be displayed at once, select “Quad-mode” from your T1V App Menu.
STEP 2: Instructor Monitors Student Work from ThinkHub
While students work on their group assignments, the instructor can check on their progress by walking from group to group, or on ThinkHub.
To view a student’s shared device from ThinkHub, locate each Student Station you want to view in the Devices portion of the Canvas tray (located on the bottom of your ThinkHub Canvas, to the right of the menu icon). Simply tap the icon or drag/drop the icon to the ThinkHub Canvas to ‘view’. Once a Student Station is displayed on ThinkHub, all annotations you make to that station will be reflected in real time. If multiple student devices are connected to a single Student Station, you can double tap on a specific piece of content to make that content display full screen on the Student Station.
You can also broadcast any content from any Student Station to all Student Stations by selecting the ‘Broadcast’ button in the upper left of the content window.